[vc_row padding=”50px”][vc_column][vc_column_text]AUTHORIZED USERS
- RTI Registered students
- Teaching and Support Staff on identification
- Any other user must apply to the Director and will be required to pay Registration fee before authorization.
- Proper conduct must be observed in the Library; e.g. placing of feet on furniture, writing on corrals, eating, smoking, sleeping or fighting in the library are forbidden. Silence must be observed at all times. Mutilation by cutting and writing in books is not allowed.
- Books or other materials will only be taken out of Library on loan after they have been issued by the Library Staff.
- Authorized borrowers may take books for a loan period of seven days (1 week) beyond which the overdue fines will be charged as follows:-
- Five shillings (Kshs. 5/=) per day for the 5 days and seven shillings (Kshs.7/=) per day for the 5 days, thereafter the borrower will be required to replace the book.
- The users are allowed to borrow a maximum of 2 books.
- The loan is renewable on request provided the item is not required by another user.
- Reference books are charged Kshs.5/= per hour for the number of days overstay.
- Reference books are not for loan to members but may be issued to the teaching staff on very special occasions for a period not exceeding 24 hours in any particular day.
- Stealing and attempting to steal a library book or property is an offence and those caught will be severely dealt with.
- Library materials consulted in the library shall not be re-shelved by the users they should be left on the reading tables.
- Users are responsible for checking that the books they borrow are not damaged in any way before they are borrowed. The cost of repair/replacement will be met by the person who borrowed the book(s).
- Bottles of ink or any other liquids, briefcases and trunks are not allowed in the library.
- The right to borrow will be withdrawn unless all overdue books have been returned.
- No unaccompanied visitors are allowed in the library except with permission from the Director. The same applies to students who on completion of their courses have been cleared by the Institute.
- All Library users are required to clear with the Library and must pay for lost books, overdue fines and any administrative costs immediately.
- The Librarian reserves the right to recall any material out on loan, and the borrower is required to return the material so recalled without delay.
- Any users who disregard these rules and regulations may have their privileges withdrawn.
- Any personal material for reference e.g. personal files should first be declared at the circulation desk before permission is granted for use in the library. Bags and any personal effects shall be left at the entrance at owners risk.
- In this regulations, unless the context otherwise requires, “User” is any person who has been admitted to use the library.
- These regulations may be revised from time to time as need arises without any notice.